Co-Founder & CEO
Jarod joined the U.S. Army Infantry straight out of high school and spent the next 4 years in Germany, with a 4 month stint in Iraq and Saudi Arabia during Desert Shield / Desert Storm. After leaving the military, Jarod earned his degrees in Electrical Engineering and Business, and then went to work in Silicon Valley for 15 years before he finally decided to call it quits and focus full-time on his primary passion...Building things! His first 10 year attempt at business was building one of California's largest Cybercafés ("Nexus Game Centers"), but had to close it down during the Great Recession of 2009. In 2012, he and his wife Shannon started up TITAN Survival and have never looked back. TITAN allows Jarod to focus on developing new products, one of his passions, and if he's not doing that you can find him nose-deep in a college text book like "Molecular Biology of the Cell", or trying to maintain his status as "The Best Grandpa Ever!" Jarod's biggest pet-peeves are poor product quality and customer service, so TITAN Survival's primary mission is to provide what he likes to call "The Ultimate Customer Experience".
• MBA Degree (w/Concentrations in Marketing & IT Management)
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Former Sr. Program Manager for Knowledge Management (Lam Research)
• Former Sr. Technical Trainer for DCVD (Applied Materials)
• Service-Disabled Combat Veteran (U.S. Army Infantry)
• 12 Dives away from Master SCUBA Diver certification!
• Navy Dad, CSU Long Beach Dad, and Uber "Papa"
Co-Founder & Finances / HR
Shannon was born and raised in the small town of Ceres, Ca. She left the valley at 17 for adventures in sunny Southern California, then moved back to the Central Valley in her mid-twenties to put down roots. Shannon considers Motherhood both her greatest gift & her greatest responsibility and spent 22 years devoted to raising her children and managing the home, while consecutively owning & operating a successful home-based childcare center and co-founding the Central Valley’s first cybercafe, Nexus Game Centers. In 2012, Shannon (& her entrepreneurial husband, Jarod), turned their sights toward the ever-expanding ecommerce industry, manufactured their first physical product, and TITAN Survival was born. Shannon enjoys spending quality time with her family and friends, going on daily walks in her community, reading the gamut of both fiction & non-fiction, low-carb/keto cooking, and discovering new interests and abilities now that all her babies have flown the nest.
• Master of Science Degree in Expert Home Making :)
• Associate of Science Degree in Behavioral Science
• Nature Enthusiast
• Wife of a Combat Army Veteran
• Navy Mom & CSULB Mom
• Nana to Two Awesome Grandbabies
• Fur Momma to a Grumpy Chihuahua, an Anxious but Kind-Hearted Collie, and a Curious Cat
Courtney is a professional photographer and re-toucher who has worked with TITAN Survival for 7 years. She has been working in the ever-growing industry of eCommerce for 10 years and is loving every minute of it. When she isn't photographing for TITAN, you can find her producing in the eCommerce photo studio. She loves riding her bike with her 3 dogs pretty much every chance she gets! She also loves to help taste the wine that her partner makes and give him notes (like "my glass is empty").
• Bachelor of the Arts Degree in Commercial Photography
• 2-Time Cancer Survivor
• Adaptive Surfer (who wishes she lived closer to the ocean)
• Wine Enthusiast
• Former Patron of Nexus Game Centers
Born in Lugansk, Ukraine and currently residing in Western Europe, Taras began his career studying International Law at the Police Academy in Lugansk, but discovered he had a knack for art so he switched it up and ended up finishing with a Bachelor of the Arts Degree in Graphic Design from the local Art Academy in Eastern Ukraine. He spent the next decade focusing on visual arts, as well as year-round mountain hiking and indulging in archaeological field-work in former ancient Greek colonies (yep, with a hat and whip). Taras has been part of the TITAN team since 2015.
• Bachelor of the Arts Degree in Graphic Design
• Orange Belt in Judo
• Blue Belt in Wing Chun
• Mountain Wanderer
• Archaeological Volunteer
Digital Marketing Specialist
Micaela is from the Greater Sacramento Area and she loves the outdoors, especially camping, hiking, and going to the river. She grew up playing sports her whole life and loves to stay active. She played as a collegiate athlete at Stanislaus State for the Women’s Soccer Team in Turlock, California, where she got her degree in Communications and graduated Summa Cum Laude. She is passionate about marketing, events management, and social media content creation. Micaela has been in Marketing for 3 years and she is the newest addition to the TITAN Team.
• Bachelor of the Arts Degree in Communication Studies
• Black Belt in Taekwondo
• Former Collegiate Soccer Player
• Former Social Media Specialist for Stanislaus State University Athletics Department