Better Bow Knot
The Better Bow Knot is similar to a regular shoelace knot that you would normally use to tie your shoelaces. Just use this enhanced version to tie your shoelaces (or bikini) and never worry about it coming undone. Unties with a simple tug on the free end. Just wrap twice around the first loop instead of once to prevent it from coming unravelled.
Tying the Better Bow Knot
- Begin as if tying the standard shoelace knot with an overhand knot.
- Make a loop on one side.
- Now wrap two times around the loop. Be sure to wrap both these turns around the end of your thumb or finger.
- Form a second loop at the end of the line you made the wraps with and push it through the space made by your thumb or finger while making the wraps.
- Pull both loops in opposite directions.
- Tighten and adjust loops.